Our learning and networking events are designed to advance new thinking and practices about positive leadership, positive organizations and thriving workplaces, enabling your organization to unlock the transformational power of your leaders and people.
Building Resilience: What Leaders Can Learn From Elite Sports
Resilience is crucial in times of disruptive change. While some believe that you either have it or you don’t, we believe that resilience can be learned by everyone with the right support, tools and practice.
During this conversation with James Brook, our Founder and organizational psychologist, and Marius Barnard, a retired tennis pro who has won 6 major tour titles and reached the Quarter Finals at Wimbledon as well as The Australian Open, we will explore how leaders can build greater self-belief and resilience, as well as the resilience of their people and teams
During the session we will cover:
- Reasons why even the most mentally tough leaders can be overcome by exhaustion and burn out
- What we can learn from elite sports about self-belief and resilience
- The mindset and habits of resilient leaders
- Practical ways to strengthen your own and your team’s resilience
We look forward to seeing you there. If you want to join us early for a chat before we start, we’ll be online at 1.45 PM.
All those attending will receive a free Quick Guide on Building Leadership and Team Resilience.
Duration: 60 minutes
When: 2.00-3.00 PM GMT (UK time) on Wednesday, 21st April 2021
Positive People Management To Humanize The Workplace
Positive psychology and people practices can transform the way organizations manage people, especially during times of great change and uncertainty. Studies show that organizations applying these positive, innovative, and high impact approaches create thriving workplaces where people do their best work, enjoy a better employee experience, and are strongly committed to helping the business shape a purposeful and sustainable future.
During this interactive webinar, James Brook, MD of Plexus Leadership, and Sarah Lewis, MD of Appreciating Change, two leading authorities on positive psychology and people management in UK, will introduce how positive psychology and people management can be used to improve people practices and outcomes in today’s challenging world.
We will explore:
• How Covid, Digital Transformation, Sustainability and other global trends are shaping HR and the people management profession.
• How HR can improve the employee experience significantly by applying tools and techniques from positive psychology like Flow, Growth Mindset, Resilience, Strengths and Psychological Safety.
• Examples of organizations using these approaches to improve their people and business results.
We look forward to seeing you. If you want to join us early for a virtual coffee/tea beforehand, we’ll be online at 1.45 PM.
Duration: 1 hour
When: 2.00 – 3.00 PM GMT (UK time) on Tuesday, 30 March 2021